Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Years! (a little late, I know)

One of the first times I noticed Mike was at a before New Year's Eve bible study. We had been going to the same bible study for awhile without even knowing each other. But this night, the subject was talking about past New Year's resolutions and future ones for the upcoming year. Of course, me being the planner I have always been had plenty of answers to each question. But when the discussion landed on Mike, it was a different story. He was so laid back and said basically "I don't know" to everything. Even though there were no past or future resolutions, he did say his goal is to "have fun". I was impressed. I thought I had to plan my life and have goals every year to achieve. But here was somebody that was laid back and accomplished everything he has set out to do with a smile and no stress. You could tell he was a little uneasy sharing that he had no resolutions or goals in a goal setting meeting, but I was awakened to the opportunity of living life free of restraints of goals and resolutions. Our goals and resolutions and plans never work out, and its usually for the best, anyways. So this was the first time Mike caught my attention...and it was the sole characteristic of being laid back and completely open to life in general. That's how I want to live my life this year.
Happy New Year's to all.  Make the most of your 2011, you only live it once :)

No comments:

Post a Comment